BRIESE 2020 – Annual Education Series
Due to recent events we are making changes to the BRIESE conference this year. With the COVID-19 pandemic and government mandated physical distancing restrictions in place, we will proceed with the meeting on a fully virtual platform. If physical distancing restrictions ease, however, we will offer a hybrid option for those that may wish to meet in person in Vancouver.
If the distancing restrictions ease as we move closer to the date, we plan to offer a small social event. But, given the situation, details of such an event can only be confirmed in the days leading up the meeting.
The BRIESE speaker committee (Dr. Blumenauer, Dr. Carruthers, Dr. Wade) is working away on welcoming some fantastic speakers, and currently has Dr. Janet Pope confirmed, we endeavor to meet our usual high standards.
We will provide further updates and registration details in the weeks to come.
Thank you for your understanding and patience and we look forward to seeing you Friday September 25 and Saturday September 26th, 2020.
Registration opening date TBA:
Agendas from the previous three years:
- BRIESE 2018 Agenda and Objectives (PDF)
- BRIESE 2017 Agenda and Objectives (PDF)
- BRIESE 2016 Agenda and Objectives (PDF)
Registration for BRIESE 2020 is now closed.
Please email Lindsay Graf at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Invited Speakers 2020
- Dr. Janet Pope
Location (if distancing restrictions ease)
- New location for 2020: Coast Coal Harbour Vancouver Hotel – 1180 W Hastings St, Vancouver, BC V6E 4R5
Schedule of Events
Download the Complete Agenda:
Overview BRIESE 2020 : Schedule is not confirmed and subject to change.
- Friday September 25, 2020
- BCSR Annual Meeting: 10:30AM- 12 NOON
- BC Rheumatology Nurses Meeting: 10:30 AM- 12 NOON
- BRIESE – 12-4:30 PM
- BCSR Awards Reception – 5:00-6:30 PM
- Saturday September 26, 2020
- BRIESE – 8am-12:45pm
- Ultrasound Workshop with Dr. David Collins and Dr. Mo Bardi – 1:45- 4:00pm
For 2020, BRIESE registration is open to rheumatologists, trainees, pharmacists, nurses, physiotherapists, and allied health professionals from BC and Alberta!
Please email: email@example.com if you require further information about BRIESE 2020.
Accommodations- COAST COAL HARBOUR HOTEL
We will not have a block of rooms for reservation this year due to COVID-19.
For more information on the Coast Coal Harbour Vancouver Hotel please visit their website at: https://www.coasthotels.com/hotels/bc/vancouver/coast-coal-harbour-hotel
REGISTRATION FOR THE 2020 BRIESE CONFERENCE TBA
Attendee registration amounts for this years’ conference will be reduced reflecting the move to a virtual platform.
- Rheumatologists and Pharmacists: TBA
- Nursing, Physiotherapy, Allied Health: TBA
- Residents/Fellows in Training: Free