BRIESE 2020 Virtual Conference- Annual Education Series –
Due to recent events we are making changes to the BRIESE conference this year. With the COVID-19 pandemic and government mandated physical distancing restrictions in place, we will proceed with the meeting on a fully virtual platform.
If the distancing restrictions ease as we move closer to the date, we plan to offer a small social event. But, given the situation, details of such an event can only be confirmed in the days leading up the meeting.
The BRIESE speaker committee (Dr. Blumenauer, Dr. Carruthers, Dr. Wade) have confirmed and are welcoming some fantastic speakers, and we endeavor to meet our usual high standards.
We will provide further updates and registration details in the weeks to come.
Thank you for your understanding and patience and we look forward to seeing you Friday September 25 and Saturday September 26th, 2020.
REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN:
Agendas from the previous three years:
- BRIESE 2018 Agenda and Objectives (PDF)
- BRIESE 2017 Agenda and Objectives (PDF)
- BRIESE 2016 Agenda and Objectives (PDF)
Please email Lindsay Graf at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Speakers – 2020
- Dr. Janet Pope
- Dr. Anna Postolova
- Dr. Jan Dutz
- Dr. David Fajgenbaum
- Shaila Jiwa, Senior Practice Lead, BCCDC TB Control – Nursing Presentation
- Maria MacDougall TB Nurse Educator, BCCDC TB Control – Nursing Presentation
Location – Virtual
Schedule of Events
Download the Complete Agenda:
Overview BRIESE 2020 : Schedule is subject to change.
- Friday September 25, 2020 – BRIESE Virtual Meeting – ZOOM
- 1:30-2:30 – Dr. Janet Pope: Update Systemic Sclerosis 2020
- 2:30-3:00 – Cases and Fellows Presentations
- 3:00-3:30 – Break
- 3:30-4:30 – Dr. Anna Postolova – Primary Immunodeficiency disorders and autoimmune disease
- 4:45 PM- 6:00 PM – Rheumatology Nurses/Allied Health Presentation: Getting to Know TB – Shaila Jiwa and Maria McDougall, BCCDC (Closed session to nursing only)
- BCSR Dinner and Awards – 6:00 PM -9:00 PM – If COVID-19 guidelines allow at the Coast Coal Harbour Hotel – Registration is closed for this portion of the event
- Saturday September 26, 2020 – BRIESE Virtual Meeting- Zoom
- 8:30-9:30 – Dr. David Fajgenbaum: Lessons from Chasing the Cure
- 9:30-10:30 – Dr. Jan Dutz: Eosinophilic Syndromes for the rheumatologist
- 10:30-10:45 – Break
- 10:45-11:45 – Dr. Janet Pope: Update on SLE 2020
For 2020, BRIESE registration is open to rheumatologists, trainees, pharmacists, nurses, physiotherapists, and allied health professionals from BC and Alberta!
Please email: email@example.com if you require further information about BRIESE 2020.
Accommodations- COAST COAL HARBOUR HOTEL
We will not have a block of rooms for reservation this year due to COVID-19.
For more information on the Coast Coal Harbour Vancouver Hotel please visit their website at:
REGISTRATION FOR THE 2020 BRIESE VIRTUAL CONFERENCE – NOW OPEN!
Attendee registration amounts for this years’ conference will be reduced reflecting the move to a virtual platform.
- Rheumatologists and Pharmacists: $75.00
- Nursing, Physiotherapy, Allied Health: $25.00
- Residents/Fellows in Training: Free